What You Can Expect From Your FacialTuesday, July 21st, 2020
Having great skin can be achieved at home, but many turn to professionals for their expertise and the convenience they provide. One treatment clients often choose is called the facial. What is this treatment and what can you expect from it? Read on to find out.
What is a facial?
At a spa, this is a basic treatment that is meant to enhance the skin on the face. It is tailored to the individual, which makes it even more effective. The basic facial exfoliates skin to remove dead cells, cleanses pores, and takes care of common skin concerns. Getting this treatment can rejuvenate your skin, making it appear younger and healthier. It can also relax you, much like massage therapy.
What to expect during your facial
First, you should receive a consultation with the aesthetician to make sure you get the right products and treatment for your skin. Many facials include a mask and exfoliation, but other steps can be used as well.
- Cleaning/cleansing: This step involves first removing any makeup and dirt. The aesthetician will massage a cleanser into your face, neck, and décolletage to do this. Next, they will use a damp cloth or pad to remove the cleanser, then dry your skin. Finally, they will evaluate your skin to see what type of mask to use.
- Exfoliation: The aesthetician will buff away dead skin cells with a cream or scrub, then use steam to open up your pores.
- Extraction: Once your pores are open, the professional will remove build-up from clogged pores, either with a metal tool or manually.
- Massage: Sometimes the aesthetician will perform a massage on the face and upper body.
- The mask: If you have opted for this part of a facial, the aesthetician will use a custom mask to treat your skin issues. For example, a clay mask can help prevent oiliness and a hydration mask can prevent dryness.
- Conclusion: At the end of the facial, the professional will use a serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen (if necessary).
Common questions about facials
There are some frequently asked questions about facials that many first-time clients have. These include the following. If you have any questions for your aesthetician, be sure to ask before your treatment.
How long does a facial take?
It will usually take about an hour for a basic facial. Depending on the options you have chosen, it could take less or more time.
How much do facials cost?
The answer to this also depends on the options you choose. Some treatments cost more, especially if they take more time. Before you choose a skincare treatment, make sure you understand the costs.
For example, a medical-grade facial will be more costly, but it will be extremely beneficial for the health of your skin. It can help heal damage, redness, and even mild acne.
Can facials help with wrinkles?
Basic facials will only help with minor issues. For bigger skin problems, collagen peels, laser therapy, and microdermabrasion will need to be added to your treatment.
Can men get facials?
Facials for men are different than those for women because their skin needs will vary. Like with all skincare services, the aesthetician will customize the treatment to fit the client’s unique skincare needs.
Looking for skincare services in Amarillo?
If you are looking for Skincare services in Amarillo, Texas, Back To Basics Massage Studio offers a variety. We provide hydration facials, dermaplaning, custom facials, and more. You can call us at (806) 322-3706 or Contact Us by email for more information.