How Massage Therapy Can Help SeniorsWednesday, August 11th, 2021
Senior citizens are more susceptible to injury due to their age, so, they need more therapy options to help them recover. You may know someone who has a hard time getting around or doing daily activities, so you should encourage them to try massage therapy. Massage therapy has been proven to help many different conditions that people may face, such as, fibromyalgia, sciatica, chronic pain, and much more. This article will explain some of the specific symptoms that massage can treat, and the benefits.
Symptoms that massage helps treat
- Osteoarthritis– This type of arthritis happens when the tissue at the end of bones starts to wear down. Massage therapy helps ease the pain, but this condition can’t be cured.
- Sleep quality– Some seniors may find their quality of sleep start to go down as they get older. Massage therapy helps to relax the body to help someone fall asleep quicker and stay asleep.
- Agitation– Seniors may find themselves getting agitated without realizing it. Massage therapy can help to relax someone in this situation.
- Depression– Massage therapy helps release endorphins that fight depression. So, if you know a senior who may be feeling depressed, take them to get a massage!
- Physical relaxation– Massage is a great way to relax the muscles and the body.
- Mental relaxation– A massage can help distract the mind and help someone relax if they are having trouble with any mental issues.
- Quicker healing– Massage therapy helps to
Benefits of massage for Seniors
Not only does massage therapy help seniors to relax, but it can also improve their quality of life. Since massage can treat many different symptoms listed above, this helps someone enjoy their day-to-day life more. Massage therapy isn’t going to work a miracle overnight, but it can help improve symptoms that hinder activities for a senior. It’s important to start out slow to see what works for you or what doesn’t.
Massage therapy in Amarillo, TX
Could you or someone you know benefit from massage therapy? If so, give the experts at Back to Basics Massage Studio a call today! They are trained in many different massage techniques that can help senior citizens with any issues they may have. Call 806-322-3706 to book an appointment or schedule online. We can’t wait to hear from you!