Does Acupuncture Give Temporary Or Permanent Results?Monday, October 28th, 2019
Acupuncture is becoming more popular for many reasons, including its ability to help treat pain. If you have never used the treatment, but are interested in trying it out, you may wonder if the results are permanent. There are stories of people seeing immediate, permanent, and temporary results. The thing to keep in mind is that results vary based on each person’s unique situation.
Factors to consider about your condition and acupuncture
Because this treatment and its results depend on your case, you must be open with your acupuncturist. Here are some tips that can help you and your therapist understand your expected treatment timeline.
- Some conditions have been reported to be permanently treated with acupuncture. Ask around to learn about others’ results.
- Be sure your acupuncturist knows everything about your health, including how long you have had your condition.
- You should speak with your doctor before receiving acupuncture to be sure it won’t hurt your current progress.
- Are you willing to get acupuncture as part of long-term care for your condition? Some conditions only see results while the patient is getting treatment.
- There are different styles of acupuncture. Speak with your acupuncturist to choose the right one for you.
- This therapy can help treat a variety of conditions. Even if you don’t think it could help you, it is worth doing some research.
Conditions that can be treated with acupuncture
As stated above, acupuncture can help many conditions. Some of these conditions require more treatment than others. Here are some of the most common health issues this therapy can help.
Low back pain
Back pain is one of the most common conditions treated with acupuncture. This condition has many treatments, including medication, massage, and chiropractic care. Talk to your doctor before adding this therapy to your treatment regimen.
Insomnia has many treatments, but the most effective work better together. For patients who use this therapy alongside their current treatments, like herbal remedies, can experience better results. Also, acupuncture does not produce side effects, so it is better than medications for long-term use, even if the results are only temporary.
Headaches and migraines
Acupuncture has been known to produce fast results when it comes to headaches and migraines. It can reduce the pain of headaches and the time between migraines. If you don’t like taking medications, this can be a great treatment option for you.
Acupuncture in Amarillo, Texas
If you would like more information about acupuncture and how long its effects last, contact Back To Basics Massage Studio in Amarillo, Texas. Give us a call at (806) 322-3706 or Send Us an Email to find out if our Acupuncture Services are right for you. You can also visit us in person at 3714 Olsen Blvd in Amarillo, or Book An Appointment online.