Cupping Therapy is the use of suction, rather than compression for bodywork ranging from myofascia release to lymphatic drainage and everything in between! Cupping rapidly facilitates rigid soft tissue release, loosens and lifts connective tissues, breaks up and drains stagnation while increasing blood and lymph flow to skin and muscles in ways not possible using compression.
When the therapist moves the cups, Negative Pressure Massage feels really great! The pulling action engages the parasympathetic nervous system, thus allowing a deep relaxation to move through the entire body.
Cupping Therapy is wonderful for Myofascial Release, Deep Tissue Therapy, Lymphatic Drainage, Orthopedic Conditions, Sports Injuries, Fibromyalgia, Trigger Point Therapy, Chronic Conditions, Detoxification, Cellulite, Scars, Stretch Marks, Facial Treatments, TMJ and General Relaxation and Wellness.
People get it for many purposes, including to help with pain, inflammation, blood flow, relaxation and well-being, and as a type of deep-tissue massage.
- 30 minute $45.00
- 60 minute $75.00
- 90 minute $100.00
- Decrease or relieve pain and inflammation
- Release deep muscular issues
- Release and soften scar tissue
- Lift and stretch soft tissue
- Increased range of movement
- Open chest and lungs
- Improve circulation
- Drain lymph fluid, clear drainage pathways
- Sedate the nervous system
- Open energy flow of the body
- Dredging and clearing old residue (blood and solidified lymph from injuries, surgeries, and chronic movement patterns) out of the muscle and soft tissue — “milking the tissue.”
Conditions that may improve:
To promote health and healing by loosening soft tissue and connective tissue, scarring and adhesions, moving stagnation and increasing lymphatic flow and circulation.
Conditions that respond to cupping include:
- Bursitis, Tendinitis and other inflammatory conditions
- Sluggish colon, IBS
- Stagnant lymph and edema
- Poor circulation
- Insomnia and anxiety
- Poorly nourished skin and muscle tissue
- Lung inflammation and congestion
- Migraine and headaches
- High blood pressure
- Asthma and pneumonia
- Neuralgia and rheumatism
- Pre- and post-operative conditions
- TMJ dysfunction
- Parkinson’s disease
- Chronic pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Athletic stress and injury
You will be directed to the Mind and Body site. Set up your log in to register.